- Conestoga Wood Specialties Corporation warrants that, for a period of one year from date
of shipment, our products will be reasonably free of defects in materials and workmanship.
When properly handled, our products will conform, within acceptable tolerances, to
applicable manufacturing specifications. This limited warranty applies only to Conestoga
products which are stored, handled and installed properly. Conestoga will not be
responsible or liable for any indirect, consequential or incidental damages or costs sustained
by the user.
- Conestoga’s warranty is limited solely to the value of the original materials purchased from
Conestoga and is further limited in amount to the purchase price paid for such materials.
Conestoga will not be liable for the cost of extraneous materials, labor, travel costs,
installation expenses or other related expenditures.
- Natural characteristics in the wood (burls, grain patterns, pin knots, mineral deposits, sap,
etc.) that fall within Conestoga’s specifications will not be considered defects.
- Conestoga will not be liable for damages to products caused by improper handling, storage,
assembling, finishing or installation by the customer. Our products are not warranted
against expansion occurring as a result of high moisture or humidity conditions.
- Conestoga’s finished products carry a one year warranty against peeling, blistering, fading,
or cracking, but no warranty against discoloration. Conestoga assumes no responsibility for
damages or poor color match when finish is applied by the customer.
- Some species, particularly Cherry, will darken naturally with age. Conestoga is not liable for
the change in appearance of any product, finished or unfinished, due to this aging process.
Results of aging will be more obvious when using clear, light or glazed finishes.
- Mitered doors allow a .010" joint gap 1" from the inside bead.
- Mitered doors are not warranted against joint separations that occur as a result of high
humidity or moisture conditions. Painted or opaque finishes are not recommended on
- Veneered panel doors are not guaranteed to match solid wood framing on the
same door in either the raw or finished state. Veneers will absorb stain differently than solid
wood. The mismatch of solid and veneers is not considered defective.
- Solid wood moulding color may differ from doors of the same specie.
- Because the individual staves of the panel continue to contract and expand, lines many
appear on solid wood panels and offsets may develop from one stave to another. These will
not be considered defective.
- Center panels that exceed 22" wide by 44" high in either single or multi-panel products are
not warranted against expansion, warpage, cracking or open framing joints.
- Conestoga will warrant one piece products against expansion, warpage or cracking if they
are within the following parameters:
- Product up to 12" wide and 21-15/16" high will be warranted if the expansion or
warpage is greater than 1/8".
- If the product measures between 12-1/16" to 22" in width, or 22" to 43-15/16" in
height, it will be warranted if the expansion or warpage is greater than 1/4".
- Any one piece product exceeding 22" in width or 43-15/16" in height will not be
- All solid wood three-piece drawer fronts over 44" wide or 14" high are not warranted
against expansion, warpage, cracking of panels or cracked joints.
- Conestoga expressly disclaims any and all other warranties, whether expressed or implied,
including all warranties of merchantability and warranties of fitness for a particular purpose
with respect to its products.